Build Internet! Gets a Fresh New Design
Times They Are A Changin’
As you may or may not have noticed, things look different around here. You’ve made it this far which means we’ve succeeded in the basic usability department, check plus in that category. Here are a few other changes we’ve made, all in easy to read list form:
- New logo – We think it’s a little better than our last round. But that’s just us.
- Header Area – Reduced the banner height and put the search bar where it’s useful.
- Navigation – Clutter? Not anymore. We opted to keep only the categories in the primary menu, it will make for faster browsing, we promise.
- Background – We opted for the always trendy grungy/painty background. It also fits in up to 2560 x 1600 resolutions, so go on you 30″ monitor guys… maximize… I dare you.
- Subscription Box – If all goes according to plan this should ramp up the amount of returning readers. Less hunting, more subscribing.
- Comment Section – We did some work in this area, notably making unique comment boxes for the author. We’ll stick out now when we are addressing your comments, thoughts, aspirations, and dreams.
- Twitter and Social Icons- In an attempt to be more social, we’ve integrated an API in the right column and made the sharing box after each post bigger.
While you probably would have noticed many of these changes on you’re own, I opted to do the work for you.I know, I know, you’re welcome. Over the next week we are aiming to make a few more adjustments for overall polish, so stay attentive!
One Mighty Roar
On a quick/important sidenote we have recently begun to rebrand Cazzu Media to One Mighty Roar, a change we think reflects our growth as a company. Okay, that last line is used pretty often, but really – Cazzu Media was started in 2006 when Zach and I were still in highschool, we’ve grown up a little. Over the next few weeks we will be making a complete transition to the new name and launch www.onemightyroar.com as well. More on that soon.
So that’s the deal internet. Zach and I thank all of you for making this possible and we appreciate you on a daily basis. We’d also love to hear your thoughts on the new design/the blog in general. This is for you guys, so we read each comment.
Sam & Zach