Supersized 3.2 – Fullscreen Slideshow jQuery Plugin
This version of Supersized has themes, direct slide links, dynamic preloading, and an API.
Introducing Supersized 3.2
- Resizes images to fill browser while maintaining image dimension ratio
- Cycles backgrounds via slideshow with transitions and dynamic preloading
- Core version is available for those that just want background resizing.
- Navigation controls with keyboard support
- Integration with Flickr – pull photos by user, set, or group
- Head over to the project page for all the details.
New in Supersized 3.2
- Complete rewrite of the Supersized script.
- More options, including ability to prevent slides from being cut off.
- Link directly to slides
- API lets you call functions directly (eg. play/pause, next, previous, and jump directly to a slide)
- Theme files are now separate from base files, which will make upgrades much easier. The Shutter theme is included in each download.
- Flickr is not yet updated to 3.2 (it’s on it’s way)
Inspiration / Sites Using Supersized
I’ve put together a small sample of Supersized sites that I’ve come across recently. Keep in mind, these sites are not necessarily running the latest version, and some are heavily customized. I will be putting together a more extensive list for the project page, so feel free to shoot your site to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Plans for WordPress
I’ve noticed quite a few WordPress themes based on Supersized floating around – I plan on entering into the ring with an official Supersized WordPress theme. While I’m still at the early stages at this point, in the meantime, you should check out WP Supersized developed by the talented Ben De Boeck from World In My Eyes. Note: This plugin is currently using version 3.1.3
Comments and Feedback
Just a reminder, you can follow Supersized on Github, which is were I will publish minor point releases and field any bug reports.
If you have an urgent problem and/or would like to contact me directly to hire for custom work, please email me at email@example.com. For troubleshooting, make sure you have first checked the documentation and FAQ sections on the project page.
Enjoyed this project? Have a look at our Build Internet Projects page for some other stuff you make fancy as well.